Launched in 1999, the Learning Center was to meet growing customer demand for continuing education in an online environment and it has evolved tremendously since its inception. Combining an easy-to-use platform with world-class educational materials developed by leading subject-matter experts in radiology, cardiology, sonography, nursing, management and education, the Learning Center is an invaluable resource for medical professionals to maintain certification and grow their careers.
With over 200,000 registered users of the Learning Center, it plays an important role in educating allied health professionals such as technologists, nurses, and sonographers, and other medical professionals meet their continuing education requirements.
Courses available on the Learning Center cover clinical and department topics important to the health-care community, such as anatomy, physiology, cardiology, vascular imaging, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), patient monitoring and business-oriented subjects.
The Learning Center offers more than 400 self-directed learning activities accredited by various recognized continuing education evaluation mechanisms (RCEEMSs) for radio-logic technologists, sonographers, nurses and other allied health professionals. The following RCEEMS review and approve various learning activities on the Learning Center.
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT)
- Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (SDMS)
- United Kingdom College of Radiography (CoR)
- National Association of Social Work (NASW)
- Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC)
- Maryland Nurses Association (MNA)
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences Ohio Counselor
- Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Australasian Sonographer
- Accreditation Registry
- Association of Social Work Boards
It can accommodate different learning styles by offering various educational vehicles, including self-directed courses, web-casts and archived lectures, disease-specific case studies, multimedia tutorials, offline study via CD-ROM, and quizzes designed to facilitate learning and retention.