The Bay Area Association of Medical Instrumentation,(formerly Suncoast Biomedical Society) was founded in the 1990's, by a group of Biomed technicians and Clinical engineers, willing to share their experiences and skills with fellow technicians.
BAAMI was re-established in April 8, 2005, as a chapter of the Florida Biomedical Society (FBS). We are interested in continuing learning about the advancement of biomedical equipment technology. The Association encourages a free exchange of information between Bmets, hospitals, vendors, and all people that is interested in this great field.
Biomedical Society's Objectives:
- To promote, encourage and advance the training of Biomedical Professionals.
- To offer guidance and suggestions to those persons and organizations involved with biomedical education, certification, and employment.
- To cooperate with and assist all persons and organizations who are interested in the betterment of the Biomedical Profession.
- To disseminate ideas and solutions to problems to its membership.
- To assist members in the growth and development of their biomedical programs by regular exchange of information, ideas, and experience through training programs and symposiums.
- To establish contact and promote better communication between manufactures and Biomedical Instrumentation Departments.
- To promote improved understanding and cooperation with institutional administrations.
Carlos R. Villafane, Webmaster <"mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">